Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Child, SHUT UP!!!"

I know the title is disturbing, but I have to share. Tonight after back to school night we took the kids to Applebee's (its really Fazoli's, but the kids have always called it Applebee's). Anyway, we were almost done eating and I had been holding Max and he was just a little fussy, but hardly making a peep. All of a sudden Luke said, "Child, Shut up!!!" He even said it in his sweet little innocent, but intense voice. Randy and I were so disturbed, but it was one of those parenting moments where you can't keep a straight face while disciplining the kid because you are in shock. I was holding back the laughing and trying to scold him while Randy and I were both almost in tears trying not to laugh. The funny thing is, at our house "shut up" is not even said, it is referred to as the "S" word. I asked Luke where he heard that word and he pointed to Jack. Who knows, what do you do? We just laughed...such bad parents. We'll have to fix this one later.

3 comments:

Alice Vorwaller said...

I know they are getting big. I just think if I would have gotten pregnant right after we got married I could have a 13 year old, then I would really feel old. That is so funny what Luke said. I can see my child saying something like that. I have to really watch Garrett, he will sometimes swear when he gets really mad. We were at Kohls one day and he swore at Brandon and Matt was getting after him and this lady came up to him and said are you scolding your son. He said yes I am he said a swear word. It was a lady that was in his ward growing up so it was kind of funny. Talk to you later

The Heaton's said...

Hey Camille!! I found you blog on Alices's blog! I hope you don't mind me checking it out?! What a cute family you have! Congratulations on your new baby!! What a sweetie! I love the blogging world and being able to reconnect with friend again!! I hope all is well with you and your family!
Analice

Alice Vorwaller said...

That is funny your boys like that song too. I think it is a boys thing. You should check out Natalie Gordon's blog. She has an amazing story on it. It will make you cry. When do you want to get together? I can come in there sometime and we can go to lunch. Talk to you later.