Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Hate Guns

As far back as I can remember I have always hated guns. I used to go shooting with a friend's family in middle school and I remember hating it then, but I haven't shot a gun since. Ever since Randy first met me he has tried to change my opinion of guns since he loves to shoot and now he has an ally in a dear family member who loves guns more than a person should (this person will remain anonymous). So, they finally got the girls out shooting, and I must say it was fun...after the initial shock. I really didn't mind shooting the little guns like the .22 revolver and .22 rifle, but the big guns still scare me. Maybe someday I could see the fun in such a hobby, but I'm not a full believer yet.
As you can see I don't look natural in any way shooting a gun.
It's kind of like that old mom saying "it's not that I don't trust you...I just don't trust the other people out there". I feel that way, I trust myself with a gun, but I don't trust anyone else to be as careful as me.
Thanks for the fun day everyone, and special thanks for not killing me or anything else. I do have a question for you out there...does anyone know if it is safe to shoot a 100 year old gun with 100 year old bullets? (oh well, I'm just glad they didn't explode)
By the way, after all the anxiety of handling and shooting guns all day, I didn't sleep a wink and had the most horrible nightmares. I think it's going to take a lot more shooting therapy to get me over this intense phobia.

6 comments:

mel said...

I never thought I would see the day you shot a gun! Way to go. I only wish I could have been there to see it in person.

Beverly said...

Yes, you need more gun therapy--we are SO doing that again. I am so proud of you for doing it.

Mike said...

Apparently the proof is in the pudding that it is perfectly safe to shoot a 100 year old gun (that was jambed closed) with 100 year old bullets. That thing could fetch a dear price on E-bay!!

Millertime said...

Way to go girl! I never thought I would see the day you would be shooting a gun! I bet you secretly liked it!

Kate said...

Whoa!!! You --- and a gun!! I hate guns too!! LaVon tries weekly to remind me we "need" one....I'm gonna keep fighting!!

Kate said...

PS -- found you on Brittany's blog -- and glad I did!!