Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am so happy it SNOWED!!!

No, I haven't completely lost my mind. (that is up for debate though) I was so happy it snowed because I finally had my car in the garage for a storm and didn't have to scrape the snow and ice off my car before leaving. I also didn't have to risk my life and Max's life carrying the carseat to the car on the slick driveway.

Randy told me I couldn't make a big deal out of it, but I am totally throwing a party or something. We haven't been able to park in the garage since we started finishing the basement and all our storage went to the garage. Oh, and by the way it only took us 347 years to finish the basement. Well, the basement got finished just before Christmas and we were waiting for a nice day to purge the garage of all the junk that got tossed out there the last 347 years. Since Saturday was an absolute dream day, we worked all day on the garage and got it done. I must say it felt a little like "casting our swine before pearls" pulling all our junk out of the garage for all the neighbors to see, but at least now the kids can get their bikes out of the garage and I don't have to be so embarassed.

Unfortunately, Randy only got his car in the garage for a short time. We still have to sell his weight bench and all his weights, return a borrowed ladder and take one dresser to the DI that didn't get hand-me-downed, then he will get his spot back. (understanding it will only be until I start my next furniture project) I have determined in all the excitement of having the garage back and organized that it is still too small. Oh well, we will make do, I am just happy to have it.

On a completely related and unrelated note, I want to make it clear to everyone in my neighborhood that our return to parking in the garage had nothing to do with the totally insulting talk given in church a couple of weeks ago. Come on, you all know I wouldn't do it because someone told me I should. That would go against every stubborn, hard-headed bone in my body. For those of you who didn't have the pleasure of hearing the talk, we were told that we've all seen neighbors who have so much junk in their garage that they can't even park a car in it. Then we were told that "those" people should have spent their money on their food storage instead of all the junk in their garage. It was a shining moment for my thoughts at that moment. I really wished it would have been in a lesson so I could make a comment, but it wasn't, so I swallowed my mouthful of mean things and spewed them on Randy after church. Maybe my food storage was sooooooo huge and organized that it filled my entire garage, maybe my best friend was homeless and I made an apartment for her in my garage, maybe my husband turned it into his mancave with a bigscreen and weights, maybe I was operating an animal sanctuary and rescuing abandoned puppies, maybe I had an elaborate drug making facility running in there, maybe I got so much hand-me-down furniture and was finishing my basement without going into debt that I needed a place to put it....I mean how do you know why people don't put cars in the garage. Come on!!!

Okay I have now taken a deep breath and will return to my praises. I am happy for all I have, even if it is sometimes a pain in the neck. And I was really grateful that Randy and I completed a big project together without wanting to kill each other at the end. Now that's a good day!!

Oh, the JOY!! (that was my happy dance)

Max was an awesome helper while we worked.

Weights for sale! (maybe I should ask Randy first) But seriously, any takers.

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Hooray!! Do you have a photo studio down there?? If you do, wish I could have taken advantage of that!

Stacie said...

Congrats!!! There is always a reason to party and this is a great one.

Laurel said...

I love reading your blog! I also love that you said it took you 347 years to finish your basement. I always tend to trow out huge numbers like that too and it drives my family nuts!

Brittany said...

Yeah!!! Cute cheesy smile by Max!

Millertime said...

WAY TO GO!! My only problem is that now I am not sure when your are home or not...I can't see your van in the driveway!

Beverly said...

I loved your analysis of the talk--so funny. I'm so happy for you--cleaning out a garage is a NIGHTMARE!