Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Kids

I have the most amazing kids. I can't believe what a great life I have. I thought I would share an update of the sweet, cute, smart, funny, happy little ones that make life awesome.


Max is 7 1/2 months now and is such an active little tiger. He has the nickname of Rascally-roo at home. He loves to explore everywhere. As you can see from my previous post he loves to splash and today was found splashing in the toilet. He has been physically strong since the day he was born, so he has always seemed older than his age which makes me sad. I want him to stay small and brand new for a long time. At three months he was rolling over, 4 months sitting up by himself, 5 1/2 months rolling across the room to get what he wanted, 6 months crawling like a crazy inchworm and pulling himself up to furniture, now at 7 months he is everywhere. He loves to walk the furniture, play in the curtains, clean the crumbs from under the table (yuck!), and of course loves a good wrestling match with the big brothers and daddy. He gets right in the middle of anything his brothers are doing. He especially loves to crawl into their bedroom when they have friends over playing. He really does think he's just one of the boys. This kid loves his lunch. He will eat anything, and is starting to like things with more texture. He got two little teeth on the bottom the day after turning 6 months and loves to put them to use. He melts my heart when he talks. Some of his words are "mama", "bah bah", "hi dad", "ahh duh" (all done). He is such a happy, easy, well-natured baby, and we love him so much.



Luke is 4 and is an amazing little one. He is so intense and full of energy. He loves Star Wars or as he says "Staaa Whoas", karate, learning to read, playing with legos, playing with his brothers, soccer, basketball and mashed potatoes. It is so fun to just sit and listen to Luke; he will tell a great story (the truth), then after he has heard it come out of his own mouth he will have to retell the bigger, more embellished version and try to convince you the latter is the way it really happened. A favorite saying of his (and Jack's) is "seriously mom, no seriously" (I seriously don't know where they get it from) it is so funny to hear him try to convince me of things. "Seriously Mom, Grandma told me I could watch movies all day, no seriously." That's the one I heard today. Luke loves the tough guys. As an infant he always preferred dad and the grandpas and uncles holding him, now he looks up to his dad so much and wants to do anything that big strong guys do. He does his own little workout routine everyday. He even came up with his own pushups where he puts his feet on the couch and stretches out and does full, awesome pushups. He is playing indoor soccer right now and loves it. He wants to go outside and practice everyday. He is such a happy, sweet, fun boy and we love him so much.


Jack just turned 7 last month and is growing up so fast. He is a very curious boy and loves to read and learn. He is also very artistic and loves to draw, and make things, and is a very good reader. Star Wars and Legos are at the top of his to do list everyday, and now he has combined his two loves and looks forward to playing with his Star Wars Legos and Legos Star Wars on the Wii everyday. Jack is a very good helper and an awesome big brother. He loves to roll around on the floor with Max and take care of him when he needs help. He loves to rescue him when he's into mischief. Jack has such a funny personality; he makes me laugh everyday. Recently we were planning our weekend and he was in the middle of a big Legos project. We had been talking about going to the grandparent's house on Sunday. Jack interupted Randy and said, "Dad, are we going to grandma's house on Sunday, I need to know these things you know." He was planning out when he would have time to finish his big project. He is an awesome example and wonderful big brother, and very patient with the little ones. He is such and easy, happy, fun, boy and we love him so much.

(all of us at the Temple Open House in February)


What a wonderful life I have!

6 comments:

The Ostheds said...

You do have 3 cute boys!

Rob said...

You are awesome, and boys are the best! I love mine, when they are happy and nice. :) And those babies, they will melt your heart. -Diedre

Doug said...

I glad you finally posted something. I've been checking. The boys are growing up so fast. I can't believe how much Max can do. Will just started sitting up (with pillows propped up around him). He's in no hurry!

Brittany said...

It does make me sad how fast they grow up! But just as happy at the fun new things they can accomplish. Your such a good mom!

The Heaton's said...

What cute kiddos! I tell my kids they need to stop growing up! If we could only stop time:)!

Beverly said...

I heart those boys! You do have a great life. I remember wanting to stop time when my kids were Max's age--it is such a precious time.
P.S. So glad you posted again.