Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm on a mission...

...and I'm wishing someone would cure my lonely condition. Okay, okay, just a little flashback from 7th grade.
The School Board Meeting went great! But if you weren't there (and I know you weren't that's why I have a lonely condition) you still have a chance to do your civic duty next month on February 9th-same time same place.
Thanks to those people who showed up and had the guts to speak up. My wet pants can tell you it was intense and a little intimidating, but hopefully we are making a difference.
There were several people who made "patron comments" at the meeting and the board heard from many of them the same things that people from our group expressed. Those comments were basically be responsible with our money, raise taxes to ease the burden on the cuts that are necessary, cut things that don't impact the classroom directly, cut across the board to minimize the impact on one group or area, and keep Jordan a place where good teachers and leaders and students want to be.
I hope to see you at the next board meeting February 9th. If you need help preparing comments to the board I've got your back. We would like to see 2 or 3 people at least comment next month to support our cause. So that's you!! Just comment or email me if you are a willing participant and I will get you on the agenda.
ah hem (clearing my voice to finish my rap) lookin for love in all the wrong places, no find love just ugly faces. That should do for now.
Be Strong and of a Good Courage!!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I love that song, and you did it some justice, girl! However, you will now responsible for me singing/rapping it ALL DAY LONG. She's dressed in yellow...

Camille said...

You just Bust and Move girl.

Susan said...

You go, girl! I think Dad can be your permanent baby sitter on Board meeting night.