Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One down...

Tonight we had our YoWIE Awards for Young Womens. It was for our Young Women in Excellence. It turned out fabulous! The girls were so good, two of them hosted the "awards show" and did so well presenting everything. My fabulous presidency (especially Brittany) did such a good job making it a memorable evening. Brittany even did the girl's hair in up-do's.

The theme for the night was "Rock Stars" since our theme this year in YW's has been "steadfast and immovable". I was in charge of the rock star photography and writing the script. Brittany requested that the script have some jokes and tease some of the audience like they do in real awards shows. Thank heavens I have a funny husband who can think up good one-liners. He helped me write the script until 2:00 in the morning Sunday. Unfortunately at 2 am everything he says makes me laugh, so I was hoping the jokes would go over well, and they did. I did have to filter about half of the jokes he suggested (he is still a 14 year-old boy in some of his humor).

I have to brag about the awesome girls in our ward. They are so cute and did so good tonight.

Here are some of the "ROCK STARS" from the night. (edgy I know)

That is one big project down, many more to go.

7 comments:

Alice Vorwaller said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. It sounds like you are very busy right now. Call me sometime next time I go into SL we will have to get together again.

Mariesa M. said...

Wow! I don't think my young women leaders ever spent that much time and creativity on a program ever. Good job!

RJ said...

Sorry about any of the inappropriate jokes, but hey, you knew what I was when you married me!

Brittany said...

I think Randy is hillarious- hte script was better than I could have imagined. Though my FAVORITE joke didn't make it to the final print:)

Millertime said...

Yeah, I would love to see that script and the final joke! You did a great job, it looked like a lot of fun!

Beverly said...

The pictures look great. They are lucky Young Women.

AnnaleeMG said...

Beautiful girls! That sounds like so much fun! Those young women are lucky to have someone to care for them so much!