Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Young Women Camp




Last week was Young Women camp. I just couldn't keep myself away. I really wanted to be there with all the girls, but I knew I would be miserable sleeping in a tent. I ended up spending the days at camp and sleeping at my parents house only about 45 minutes away. It worked out great. Randy, among others, thought I shouldn't go being only 3 1/2 weeks from my due date, but he agreed to me going after I promised him what I would and would not do. One of the things on his DO NOT list was I was to stay away from a ride on the zip line. Well as you can see from the pictures, I just couldn't resist. I just wanted to ride down it too badly.Okay, that was just a joke. I didn't really ride the zip line, but staged these pictures just to get Randy. What a mean wife. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. There was not going to be a mountain baby born this week.


Camp was a lot of fun and it seems like the girls all had a good experience. As always one of the highlights was the song/skit performance. We did the boot scootin boogie in great costumes we made, then sang the "naughty" camp song I taught the girls.




4 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you came!! We just needed Alisa and then we could have counted it as our girl weekend. I know you had alot of people giving you grief for coming but, it just shows how much you love these girls. You did so much for camp and really didn't get the credit, but some of us knew how much you did so- Thank You! YOUR the best camp director ever!

Camille said...

Thanks Brit. I had a good time, and it was fun being with friends too.

mel said...

For a moment I thought you had lost it - doing the zip line! I'm so glad you didn't really do it. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and thought there is NO WAY I would dare try that. Poor Randy probably had a heart attack!

Smilin' sunshine said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! So sorry I missed it!! Good luck with the baby!