Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Mom, I'm bored!"


Luckily that's not something I hear too often this summer. Jack and Luke are such easy kids, I usually don't have to do too much to keep them busy. This summer they have done a couple of projects that I thought were funny. First, Jack designed finger puppets (literally) and did a show. He made me take pictures of them. Of course Luke had to be the villian. There is just something with that kid, he always wants to be the "bad guy". Should I be concerned?

The next was Circus Day. Jack made a calendar for the summer that he has taped next to his bed and everyday is a different theme. Monday was circus day so he made a show. He was the clown, Luke was the volunteer (who was the subject of all the magic tricks) and Randy and I were the audience. It was so cute. He made all the props, came up with a bunch of magic tricks, and made his own costume. He wanted to wear underwear with hearts on them since he was a clown and brought me some white underwear and markers and asked me to help him make them into clown underwear. Luckily I talked him out of that. His bunk bed was the stage and the rest of us sat in the audience. It was so funny, every time he did a different trick, like pulling the rabbit out of his hat he would tell the audience to close their eyes and then kaboom there was the rabbit. Maybe we have a future star in our home! YIKES!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Your such a good mommy,I hope one day I'll be willing to do as much as you. You rock.