Thursday, May 29, 2008

Capitol Reef

My boys had so much fun hiking and climbing. Jack is really into climbing these days and always asks when we can go to another mountain to climb on the rocks.

The cousins were quite the scene at the national park. For some reason it seemed like we were the only people there with small kids. That made it nice for them though, extra attention at the Jr. Ranger station and the Nature Center.
This one is for Rachel, my almost 4 year old neice said she wants to see pictures of aunt Mimi. There sure is nothing like a family going on a national park vacation when mom is 32 weeks pregnant and dad is 6 weeks post-op from a total ACL repair of his knee. I have to say Randy is the trooper, he actually did all the hiking with the boys (don't tell Randy's physical therapist), while I did good supervising and getting them started then turning back.


This was my favorite of the whole trip. I sent Randy and the boys to "climb a mountain" as Jack put it. You can see me in the far distance watching from the van. Right behind Luke is a cliff that drops all the way down to where the van is. It was quite windy and when they got to the top huge gusts of wind threatened to blow them right off the cliff. (that's according to Jack and Luke) I could hear Luke screaming all the way down below.

Jack did better at being brave for his little brother.

What a troop! We had a great vacation. Thanks family for a good time.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Thats too funny, you probably just scarred Luke for life. What a trooper, I might see you at girls camp after all :)

mel said...

We love the very pregnant picture of you. It's a good reminder of what's to come for me. I already feel so big. Poor Lukey, I'm glad he didn't blow off the mountain. I'm glad you had a fun trip.

mel said...

Hi! Doug here. I was just looking at Alisa's blog with her old school picture. PLEEEEASE post that picture of you looking like Nelly Olsen!!! I love that pic!

Camille said...

Doug, I'll try to find that Nellie Olsen pic soon, pretty much everything is in storage right now though.
Mel, I promise Luke isn't abused, just scared out of his wits. It was funny though.

The Ostheds said...

The picture of Jack and Luke on top of the "mountain" is priceless. Poor Luke! Isn't this bloggin' thing kind of fun?!? :)

Mariesa M. said...

That picture of Luke is the funniest/saddest picture! Definately scrapbook material.
Justin