Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sorry mom....

This is the conversation I had with Luke this morning.
"Sorry mom, but we can't give you a piece of the world for your birthday."
"Oh really?" (I am totally clueless what this kid is talking about)
"Yeah, but how about a crab instead?"
"Okay that would be great too."
After the conversation was over I had to think what on earth he was talking about. Then, it dawned on me. Every year on my birthday or Christmas the boys ask me what I want and I always tell them, "Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men." Well, they have been asking me what I want again this year, and I have been giving my usual response. It now occurs to me that my sweet little 4 year old is trying to figure out how to buy a piece of the earth for me. What a cutie pie. As for the crab I have no idea!

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday to you!

Beverly said...

Maybe he is talking about that sweet little kitty you are going to adopt named "Crab." You know that is what he meant--don't deny it.

Stacie said...

How cute. It's so good to document the cute things they say before you forget. Happy Birthday!

Sienna-Lee said...

How cute!